This post includes affiliate links. You can see my disclosure page here, thanks for your support!
I know the holidays can be stressful, especially financially. I mean, if you’re like me, I love giving presents to people on the holidays. The joy of giving a present no matter how big or small it is quite satisfying and I love it!
But at the same time it stresses me out. I tend to forget how many family members I have until I’m out there shopping and then the next thing I know, I’m broke. Or I’m very close to it.
So I’ve compiled a short list of ways I’ve been able to make a little extra money during this holiday season. And for future seasons as well because let’s face it, we could always use a little extra cash here and there. Now I’m no expert and I can’t guarantee you’ll make the money, it’s all about the time and effort you decide to put into this list, but I’m telling you now that I’ve done everything on this list and they do work once you do put time and effort. So without further ado, here you go!
5 Ways to Make a little Extra Money for the Holidays
1. Ibotta and Ebates – I use these two apps on my phone almost every single day. I am constantly checking Ibotta whenever I go grocery shopping and the moment I think of online shopping I am on Ebates. They both offer cool bonuses that give you extra cash back for just using their app. For example I recently bought a chair on walmart.com where I originally launched it from Ibotta and I ended up getting $20 bucks just for getting something I needed in the first place!
And if you click on my link for Ibotta you get a $5 welcome bonus and if you click on my Ebates link you get a $10 bonus! I mean who wouldn’t want that! I recently just cashed out on Ibotta, which was super easy, I got paid through pay-pal and boom those went straight to my holiday shopping! So get it today and start earning some cash back. I know I do almost every single day!
2. Selling books and clothes – I annually do this, but the holidays are perfect to get a little extra cash. I usually have a million books that I read during the year that I usually buy second hand and then I sell them back to these bookstores and make money from them. I fortunately have Half-priced books and Bookmans where I live so I regularly go there to sell my books. (And if you really want to save, you can Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial and save that money you initally paid for books on some great e-books!
And then as for clothes, I accumulate so much of it that I have to purge and so Plato’s Closet is my Go-To to make more space in my closet and make some extra holiday cash! And it doesn’t stop at books and clothes, you can pretty much sell anything on Craigslist. So go ahead, spring clean early. Your house will not only look nice and cleaner, but you just got extra cash in your pocket my friend!
3. House sit/ babysit/ dog sit – Since it is the holidays a lot of people tend to go out of town! So what better way to make a little extra cash than to babysit people’s kids, dogs or even house! I’ve done it multiple times and it’s easy money. I’ve used Rover to pet sit and it’s super awesome! You just need to sign up, fill out their profile and then next thing you know it you can start dog sitting or even just dog walking some dogs for some extra cash. I’d say that’s a win in my book. You can sign up for Rover here now! Or ask your co-workers if they or anyone they know who needs someone to house, baby or dog sit. Word of mouth is always the best way to land a gig like these! And sometimes they pay some great money, I used to walk an adorable dog for $20 bucks for an hour just because they were a family friend.
4. Swagbucks and InboxDollars – If you’re like me and spend a ton of time on the internet, then how about you start making some money online? I use two apps Swagbucks and InboxDollars, they are mostly survey sites, which I oddly enjoy doing, but you can also watch little videos clips and so much more on them! I like watching the food channels on them. I’ve gotten checks from InboxDollars and giftcards from Swagbucks. So these are perfect little money makers during the holidays for sure! And if you sign up with my InboxDollars link you can earn a $5 welcome bonus! And if you sign up for Swagbucks today, you can get a $3 bonus with my link!
5. Mystery Shop – BestMark is something I use and it’s cool and fun to use it! I’ve gotten money for just going into a store to talk about something I actually wanted in the first place. Plus you can even get almost free dinners by doing a mystery shop at restaurants in your area! Sign up here with BestMark today! During the holidays they actually have a faster payment processing so you can get your money back quicker!
Donating plasma – you can easily make a few hundred bucks a month doing this! And they usually have bonuses each month for being consistent. I’ve done it before and it’s easy money if you’re healthy and willing to donate your plasma. Check what local plasma places are around you, I’ve done Grifols and CSL Plasma and both have been very good. Just be prepared to wait sometimes during busy times.
A second job – I’ve worked at Target part time and they do seasonal work that could potentially become a full time if you’re interest in that. But Target isn’t the only place that hires seasonal work, I worked at Kohl’s seasonally during my college years and that eventually became a 30 hour week job for me while I went to school. But part time jobs are always a great way to make extra money!
Drive with Uber – They are legit and you can make lots of money if you’re willing to put the time and your car through this. Perfect for during the holidays when people go see their families and have left their cars behind!
Last, but definitely not least. Start a blog! While this can be more of a long-term investment and you won’t exactly start making a ton of money during this holiday season I always recommend this because you can make some money from a blog. All you need is a passion for a topic, a platform (cough wordpress.org), and a Bluehost hosting account if you click on my link NOW you can start a Bluehost account for as cheap as 2.65 a month today for their Black Friday Special until Cyber Monday! So click here now while you still can get it! plus if you click through today and sign up they give you a tutorial of how to set up and start writing away! I’ve made money through affiliate sales and even sponsored posts and some of these are so easy! Check out Bluehost by clicking on my link now! This offer for such a low price will only be here until Cyber Monday, so don’t miss it, so get it while it’s still here! And once you sign up for Bluehost check out this awesome E-book on the Must have guide to blogging! Get the E-book today and start your blogging adventure! I’ve read her book and taken her course and sure enough it’s taught me a lot about blogging!
So there you have it my friends. My little (or big) ways I make some extra money for the holidays! So try these out and next thing you know it you’ll have enough presents to buy your cousins and your cousins cousins kids some presents!
Cheers my friends!
Comment below some of your favorite ways to make a little extra money during these holiday seasons!
PIN FOR LATER
Follow my journey!
Youtube | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Bloglovin’ | Google Plus | Facebook
“This site uses affiliate links, which means that I may make a small commission on products purchased through links clicked on this site at no extra cost to you. This helps keep this site running, so thanks for your support in this way!”